Saturday, February 4, 2012

Site Scoop: Fifteen Spatulas

We are excited to introduce a new weekly series to the Penn Appetit blog: Site Scoop! Every Saturday, we'll take a look at a food blog that we love to check out.

It all started when my friend Glenn posted a picture on Facebook of some sinfully tasty-looking cupcakes she had whipped up. An avid baker myself, I was very curious about where she had gotten the recipe, so I clicked on the photo. The caption mentioned a blog called Fifteen Spatulas. I had never heard of it before, but one quick Google search later, I was poring over one of the coolest cooking blogs I have ever encountered.

Joanne Ozug, a University of Rochester grad, is the brains behind this delightful culinary operation. She's young, fun, and writes in a very relatable, unpretentious manner. She even posts instructional videos to go along with some of her posts. Beginner-level cooks and seasoned chefs alike will appreciate her original style and inventive, yet simple, recipes. They might even be so appreciative that they decide to make three things from her blog in the span of a single week. Well...that's what I did, anyway. In case you were wondering, those three things were the Ooey Gooey Rocky Road Cookies, the Chocolate Chunk Muffins, and my personal favorite: the Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars. All of them elicited reactions of glee and ecstasy from my taste-testers. Oh, and I fully plan on making the Bourbon Butterscotch Brownies for Super Bowl Sunday.

I am beyond grateful to have this delicious little blog in my life. In fact, I almost wish I didn't have to tell anyone about it, but some secrets are too good not to share!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much!!! I'm so flattered, and you picked some fantastic recipes to try. The bourbon butterscotch brownies are some of my favorites...they're really fudgy and gooey. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...