Saturday, February 18, 2012

Site Scoop: Good Wine Under $20

For years, I longed for the arrival of my twenty-first birthday. I was convinced that, at the stroke of midnight on that very day, I would suddenly acquire a wealth of impressive alcohol-related knowledge. I imagined myself pouring complicated, customized cocktails from my personal liquor cabinet and describing my evening glass of wine (expertly paired with an elegant dinner, of course) in terms of aroma and mouthfeel. Shockingly, this did not happen. I'm more than halfway to twenty-two now, and I still feel decidedly unsophisticated whenever I'm perusing the aisles of the nearest Wine and Spirits shop. Not to mention that, as a college student on a budget, I don't exactly have the funds to splurge on a fancy Bordeaux bottle for my next BYOB dinner. What's a young aspiring oenophile to do? Visit a swell little blog called Good Wine Under $20! This site is positively packed with reviews and recommendations of quality bargain wines, perfect for the person who wants to explore her beverage options without depleting her bank account. Saveur, Food & Wine, Wine & Spirits, and the American Wine Blog Awards approve, and I bet you will, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...