Friday, April 24, 2009

Sazon Restaurant

Over, the weekend, I supplemented my diet of fried oreos and Ben & Jerry's with some Venezuelan food from Sazon.

Don't let the location fool you. It's located on 10th and Spring Garden (near a certain copy center in which certain cards can be obtained), but the hearty, delicious, and inexpensive food make it well worth the trek.

I ordered a cafe mocha, motivated by a rave review. I was surprised at the richness of the flavor and the perfect mingling of coffee and chocolate. For an appetizer, I had tequenos, which resembled mozzarella sticks--minus the excessive grease. My dinner, an arepa (a corn flour patty) stuffed with black beans and cheese, was simple but very satisfying. For dessert, I enjoyed a tres leches cake that that was a tad over-frosted for my taste, but otherwise delicious.

The service was prompt and helpful, and the restaurant overall was very cozy, warm and inviting. It was my first foray into Venezuelan food, and it certainly won't be my last.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see Sazon getting some attention. Any restaurant with a hot chocolate menu is doing something right. =)

    ReplyDelete

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...