Friday, October 21, 2011

Gourmet Mac and Cheese at Its Finest

Out of all of my culinary discoveries in New York City last weekend, S’MAC was my favorite. S’MAC, which is short for Sarita’s Macaroni and Cheese, is located in Manhattan and opened in June of 2006. Since that time, this East Village eatery has attracted thousands of customers, like myself, who have fallen in love with the decadent macaroni served at this establishment. Strolling into the store, I was immediately impressed with the hip orange and yellow décor, whose color scheme hinted at the scrumptious macaroni that I was about to consume. After glancing at the menu for a few seconds, I immediately knew what I was going to order—the 4 Cheese. Considering my love for cheese, my menu selection was a no brainer. However, S’MAC’s menu features a variety of options for those who are not as attached to cheese as myself. Regardless of your food preferences, an item on the menu is sure to appeal to you.

● Are you a lover of Italian cuisine? Try the Napoletana (fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, fresh basil) or Mediterranean (goat cheese, sautéed spinach, kalamata olives, and roasted olives).
● Trying to get all of your veggies in for the day? Go for the Garden Lite (lite cheddar, parmesan, roasted cauliflower, portobello mushrooms, roasted garlic, broccoli, and scallions).
● Do you consider yourself a carnivore? You can’t go wrong with the Cheeseburger (American, cheddar, and seasoned ground beef.
● Are you not feeling adventurous? No worries, stick with the All-American (American and cheddar).
● Do none of these categories accurately describe you? Then design your own macaroni dish by choosing a size, up to two cheeses, and three mix-ins.

Not only does S’MAC’s cater to different taste buds but the eatery has vegan, reduced lactose, and gluten-free options as well.

After selecting my preferred variety of macaroni, I then had to choose a size. Since I knew I was going to get frozen yogurt (my other food obsession) after eating at S’MAC’s, I opted for the smallest size which is Nosh. However, if you aren’t saving room for dessert or can’t enough of the cheesy goodness, then order the Major Munch or Mongo size.

After paying for my food at the counter, I sat down and after a few minutes, a friendly server brought my food out in a warm skillet. I took one bite, and the rest is history... the comfort of the quintessential food of childhood returned to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...