Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ekrem's "Cinnamon Bun" Cookies

Ekrem's "Cinnamon Bun" Cookies
I don't like pork. I hate shrimp. And even though I love fruit and I love dessert, I think fruit dessert is simply unnecessary. However, plenty of people disagree. And for all those people, there are recipes that I simply would not enjoy. Similarly, I am posting a recipe today that - although I spent hours crafting it in the kitchen - I don't really like. But my boyfriend's ex-roommate requested the flavor specifically and my roommates both love them. So what's the inspiration this week? An understanding that people have different preferred tastes.


Ingredients
Cookies:
12 oz. white chocolate
1 stick butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 egg
2 tblsp milk


Streusel Filling:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tbls cinnamon


Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt white sugar over a double boiler or in a microwave. Cream the butter together with the sugar and melted chocolate. Beat in the egg and the milk. Stir in the dry ingredients. Mix all the strusel ingredients together. Form cookie dough into generous tablespoon-sized balls. Flatten the balls, and place approximately a teaspoon of streusel in the center. Fold the cookie dough around the streusel to completely enclose in and roll back into a ball. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-12 min. Enjoy!


Takeaway: These cookies are sweet. Really sweet. Think, cinnabon cinnamon buns dripping in icing. However, sometimes those cinnabon are just what you're craving. The takeaway here is the use of white chocolate to give the cookies themselves that icingy-sweet taste. Without the filling, these could be sugar cookies with a more interesting, subtly chocolate flavor than those made with just white sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...