Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Mother's Pumpkin Bread


To be honest, this recipe is not my mother's. It has been passed along amongst friends for some time and I'm not quite sure who created the concoction. This "bread" recipe can only really be considered as such because of its shape; otherwise, I'd call it a cake.

Ingredients:
1 c. oil
4 c. sugar
1 large can pumpkin (15 ounces)
5 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1tsp. salt

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients: oil, sugar and pumpkin. Then add the dry ingredients: sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Grease and flour two loaf tins and bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. Check the bread with a toothpick and when done, let cool to room temperature.

Thanksgiving at my house always includes my mother's pumpkin bread as the highlight; it's nothing short of amazing and is definitely worth the calories. The most difficult part of it all is waiting for the bread to cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...